Howdy Everyone. Just want to post a couple of quick notes from Saturdays meeting for those that could not attend and those that forgot, already.
- 2021 WCARC Swap Meet – August 14th
We will be doing our annual swap meet, instead of a club meeting, this August 14th at the First Christian Church. Chip, N0WKR, is heading up this event but he is looking for some people to assist. He is also interested in having one or two New Hams on his team so that they might help steer what would be good for presentations and other things relevant to new hams. Please reach out to Chip if you can assist.
- There was a request to create a Member Name and Call sign PDF for Net Controllers to reference during our Nets. That new PDF has been created and posted on the Roster section of the Members Only Section.
- We now have a 10 Meter net that is going strong every Thursday evening at 7:30pm on 28.45. Everyone with a Amatuer Radio Licenses has privileges on 10 meters and we are hoping to get some new Techs on the net as well. Everyone is welcome, whether they are a club member or not, so please spread the word and give it a try this Thursday. If you don’t hear the net, give it a try every week. You never know what the conditions will be.
- The Montrose Amatuer Radio Club will be holding their tailgate party on Saturday, June 2nd.
- American Red Cross are doing Winlink Thursdays to get everyone used to using Winlink and staying in practice. Winlink Thursday is the 2nd Thursday of every month. For more information please join in their Group.io Forum @ https://arc-emcomm-training.groups.io/g/main
- Lastly, Brad, AK0BC, will be hosting an Amatuer Radio testing session on Saturday, February 20th in Grand Junction. Please get with him for more details.
73, John, WJ0NF