- On 146.94 (-) MHz | Tone 107.2
- And on 145.175 | Tone 107.2
Oatmeal Net Preamble
Good Morning Western Colorado.
It is: Date
This is (name & call sign) acting as your host to the Oatmeal Net.
This net is conducted utilizing the Western Colorado Amateur Radio Club owned
repeater 146.94 Mhz with a tone of 107.2 hz, which operates Monday thru
Friday 0730 to 0800 local time except holidays.
If anyone wishes to use the repeater during this net just let us know and we will
yield the frequency to you.
This net is conducted to check equipment and pass along club messages and
continue our ham education.
When you check in please use your call sign and name if you are new or an
infrequent user. Then wait for the moderator to acknowledge you.
This is an open net and everyone is welcome.
I am now standing by for check ins.
Special Operating tips for the Oatmeal Net:
OATMEAL NET PROCEDURE TIPS
- Listen, listen, listen!
- Pause with a 1-2 count to give the repeater time to key up.
- ID with call sign…slowly.
- If moderator is brand new, it is nice to give your call sign along with your first name and location to help the moderator out.
- If the moderator says “I don’t understand that”, give your call sign phonetically.
- Give your call sign at the end of your conversation. (PER FCC RULE 97.119)
- Wait until the last person finishes (Call Sign) before you try to check in. Note: Most moderators say something like “Thank you for your check in” after the previous person ends with their ID.
- Use “Re-Check” or “Contact” to check back in or to contact someone else. Wait for the moderator to acknowledge you before you start talking.
- When you check in, please use just your call sign or call sign plus name if you are new or the moderator is new. Wait to be acknowledged by the moderator. This prevents long doubles.
- Please use high power on your hand held. And Location, Location, Location.
Thanks to Dave AKØMR for these tips.